October Favourites 2013!

November 04, 2013


Can you believe that another month has gone already? It's November. Wow. We have got two months left of 2013. I don't know about you, but that scares me. Particularly because my life is going to completely change, and be turned upside down next year, but that's for another blog post. This one however, is all about my favourites for the month of October! It's a complete mix of fashion, beauty, and there's also some totally random ones at the end. So i'll stop rambling on, lets get started!


Shall we start with beauty? Okay.

As you can see, there has been quite a few products that I have been loving beauty-wise this month.

First up is this lip crayon from Bourjois. I cannot explain how much I adore this! I wear it far too often. It is pretty bright on the lips, but if I want a more subtle look, i'll put a lighter pink lipgloss over the top, to make it more nude. (I reviewed this on my blog here!)

Next is a nail polish. And it's bright orange. Oh yes. I love oranges, especially in Autumn. I know that this colour is more summery, but I love bright nails, all year round, and this nail polish is so flattering on. It's by Essie, and it's called "Fear and Desire". Not only do I adore the name (Essie are so creative with their names!), but the product itself is amazing.

Next is the Maybelline Cherry Baby Lips. I didn't like these at first, but the cherry flavour has totally won me over! I've been wearing this a lot, just as a lipbalm and lipgloss all in one. Perfect for those days when you don't want to bother with a lot of makeup.

Next up is another nail varnish, and it's "Cappuccino" by Barry M. It doesn't look much in the bottle, but once it's on my nails, it's like a dusky purple colour. It's so pretty, and perfect for autumn.

This lipgloss from Manhattan has been in my bag for the last month, and i've been reaching for it a lot. Not only does it smell amazing, but the colour is really nice, and it's really pigmented. And it was also really cheap. I think it was 99p from Fragrance Direct. Can you get any better?! I have a full review of this here.

Next is possibly one of the best purchases i've made this year. I am sure everyone has heard many people rave about this, and now i'm joining them. Yes, I purchased the "Real Techniques Expert Face Brush", and yes, it is as amazing as everyone says.

Final makeup item is this eye pencil from Topshop in the colour "Sable". I really wanted a dark brown eyeliner, as I sometimes find that black is too strong for everyday, and after many months hunting for "the perfect eye pencil", I think i've found it!


Now, onto Body and Skincare favourites,  have a few.

First is this moisturiser from "Neutrogena". I finished my "Simple" one, and I fancied a change, so I got this one, and I think it may have overtaken any other moisturisers that I have ever used. I love it!! It leaves my skin feeling hydrated, and smooth.

Next is this cleanser from L'Oreal. I'm sure you can tell by how much i've used already, but this really is incredible. It takes off makeup, leaves my skin feeling fresh, and clean, and I just love it. If you want to read a full review, click here.

This little bottle of shower gel from Lush only comes out at Christmas, and I always get it every year when I see it. It's called Snow Fairy, and it smells very sweet. And i mean VERY. This isn't too everyone's taste, but I for one love sweet smelling things.


I have a few clothing favourites for the month of October too.

This is possibly my main favourite of the month. It's my leather jacket that I got from H&M. I have been wearing this non stop, and it keeps me warm, it's comfortable, it fits me great, it goes with pretty much anything, and I can see this being a wardrobe staple.

I love scarves, but this floral scarf is probably my favourite scarf I own. It's perfect for the colder months such as September and October, as it's not too heavy, unlike the woollen scarves that I like to wear in winter, and it's very pretty and I just love it.

I am a little bit obsessed with this hat from New Look. It doesn't go with everything, but when I find an outfit that I know the hat will suit, I will wear it. I actually don't think I suit hats, but this one is so warm, cosy and beautiful, that I really don't care how I look.

I have quite a few random favourites, so here we go.

I don't like raisins. In fact, I hate them. However, a new discovery has been flavoured raisins, and let me tell you, these are the best things ever. (especially the Cola flavour.) and they're healthy! Love them.

However one not so healthy thing i've been particularly loving this month is Mentos. The fruit ones to be specific. I don't know why, but i've suddenly become obsessed with them!

Final favourite is this book, by Hannah Richell called "The Shadow Year". I'm not exaggerating when I say that it is one of the best books that I have ever read. It is a little bit slow to start, but once you get started, you won't be able to put the book down! And that plot twist... Oh my! I'm not going to spoil it, but I cannot recommend this book enough! If you fancy a good, emotional, funny and exciting read, then this book is right up your street!


And that is all for my October favourites!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ooh so many great thing, love all the make-up picks I think my fave is the lip gloss love the nude shade! I really want to get a nice snuggly beanie too!

    MyLushBox

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beanie is my lifesaver! I love it so much, i definitely recommend getting one!

      Delete